Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What a Day

Today was a mixed bag of emotions. I was finally taking my behind the wheel drivers test, but right before heading out the door, my husband calls. He was fired today. It's just amazing how many tests & trials we have been through these past couple years. I'm trying not to let it get to me too much, because my husband is a worker, and always finds something new when another doesn't work out. I'm trying to keep the hope that this won't have us down for too long. The trips for San Francisco-defintely compromised now, but we will do our best to make it work. Rick filed an unemployment claim today, and we have both been searching the classifieds, craigslist, and yahoo jobs for some opportunities. Tomorrow, turning in applications.

On a lighter side, I passed my driving test, and am now an official, legal, licensed driver. Feels amazing to have it-after 24 long years! I can get things accomplished now, and not have to depend on anyone else. It's about dang time!

We couldn't make it to Brayton's dilation on Monday. Not good, but we are trying to get it in somehow this Friday, and we would stay through the weekend and have next weeks dilation done on Monday like regular. We are waiting on the surgeon's call to okay this. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Well, off to snuggle with my husband and be grateful for the things we do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment